Be Active Kids is an innovative, interactive physical activity, nutrition, and food safety curriculum for North Carolina preschoolers ages four and five. The goal of the program is to give young children the tools they need to develop positive physical activity and nutrition habits for a lifetime of good health. Be Active Kids uses colorful characters, interactive hands-on lessons and bright visuals to teach children that physical activity, healthy eating, and food safety can be fun!
|TRAINERS: We are now accepting registrations for Be Active Kids Train-the-Trainer sessions. We have scheduled 5 training sessions across the state starting for the month of March. Click here for more information.|
|Requests For Applications (RFA) are now being excepted for the Preventing Obesity by Design project (for local Smart Start Partnerships). Click here for more information.|
|Marbles Kids Museum in Raleigh, NC will be opening their new Power 2 Play exhibit on Saturday, February 7th. Go check it out!|
|Providers: If you are a child care provider who has been trained in the Be Active Kids program and would be interested in participating in one of six focus groups to determine strengths and barriers of the program please contact the Be Active Kids Program Specialist at 919-287-7012 or click here to send an e-mail.|
- UPDATED KITS ARE AVAILABLE!
Revised Be Active Kids Kits include the following changes:
- Colorful new appearance.
- NEW Healthy Strides section providing nutrition and physical activity information for childcare providers.
- Up-to-date MyPyrmaid information and materials.
If you are a North Carolina childcare provider or trainer with a previous version kit, prior to March 2008, supplemental materials and information are available. To order, contact the Be Active Kids Program Specialist at 919-287-7012 or click here to send an e-mail.
If it has been a while since your last training and you would like an entirely new kit, please contact the Be Active Kids Program Specialist to find a trainer near you. Curriculum kits are distributed, free of charge, at local training sessions.
- UPDATED Newsletters for Parents and Families are here! Updated newsletters will be available quarterly on the Web site in Spanish and English. For more information, click the purple “for Parents” button to the left.
- NEW provider and trainer rewards program beginning in March 2008. For more information goto the link that is most appropriate for your profession (childcare providers or trainers).
- Be Active Kids T-SHIRTS are now available. To order, contact the Be Active Kids Program Specialist at 919-287-7012 or click here to send an e-mail.
- Be Active Kids program found to be effective in improving children’s nutrition and physical activity. In a recent study, University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill researchers found significant improvement in nutrition and physical activity knowledge of 4-5 year old children’s involved in the Be Active Kids program. More…